On your holiday in Merano and environs you can confidently leave your car behind in our car park and take enjoy the benefits of a variety of advantage cards. Here are the main ones:
A car-free holiday in Merano and environs
Discounts and other benefits
During a stay with us between 15th of October 2019 and 30st of June 2020, you receive the Merancard free of charge . The card is included in the price and valid for the entire period of your stay. It grants you one-time entry to the approx. 90 museums in South Tyrol, 10% discount on the bike- and ski hire at “Sportservice Erwin Stricker” and exclusive Merancard offers and services on site.
With the Merancard the following means of public transport in South Tyrol are free of charge:
- regional trains in South Tyrol (Brennero/Brenner – Trento, Malles/Mals – San Candido/Innichen)
- regional busses (overland, intercity and city busses)
- the cable cars to Renon/Ritten, Maranza/Meransen, San Genesio/Jenesien, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Colle/Kohlern
- the Renon/Ritten tram way and the Mendola/Mendel cableway
With the Museumobil card you enjoy free public transport and free access to over 70 museums and exibitions in South Tyrol!
The card is obtainable as a 7 day or a 3 day card as well as an adult and a children card (aged 6-14).
|Price list 2019||adults (from 14 years)||junior (6-13 years)|
|Museumobil Card 3 days||30,00 euro||15,00 euro|
|Museumobil Card 7 days||34,00 euro||17,00 euro|
- Museumobil Card (download PDF)
The Venosta railway line, running 60 km from Merano/Meran to Malles/Mals in the upper Vinschgau valley, is connected to an extensive bicycle-and-hiking-network. There is an outstanding cycling path that leads all the way from Malles to Merano winding slowly downhill through fruit orchards and picturesque meadows, following the ancient roman trade route “Via Claudia Augusta”.
Following in the steps of this ancient trade route provides ideal cultural and natural attractions for the bicycling enthusiast. Travelling by train and bicycle along this road through the Vinschgau valley is simply the best and most environmentally friendly way to discover the beautiful landscape of Merano and environs.
With the Bikemobil card you receive a ticket for the public transport system and a full-day bicycle rental. It is not allowed to carry the bike on public means of transport.
|price list 2019||adults (from 14 years)||junior (6-13 years)|
|Bikemobil Card 1 day||25,00 euro||12,50 euro|
|Bikemobil Card 3 days||30,00 euro||15,00 euro|
|Bikemobil Card 7 days||35,00 euro||17,50 euro|
Cable car - Funicard
Fhe Funicard for Merano and environs permits you to reach mountains with cable cars and lifts in Merano and the villages in the near environs. The card is available from April to November.
The participating cableway facilities are:
- chair lift Oberkirn-Grube (Scena/Talle)
- funiculars Hirzer (Saltusio/Talle)
- funicular Merano 2000 (Merano)
- funicular Falzeben (Avelengo)
- chairlift Mittager (Merano 2000/Avelengo)
- funicular Grünboden (Plan)
- glacier funicular (Maso Corto/Val Senales)
- chair lift Lazaun (Maso Corto/Val Senales)
- funicular Schwemmalm (Pracupola /Val d‘Ultimo)
- funicular Texelbahn (Parcines)
- funicluar Unterstell (Naturno)
- funicular Monte San Vigilio (Lana)
- chairlift Monte San Vigilio (Lana)
- cable car Rio Lagundo (Lagundo)
The card is available at the cable cars’ cash points. Please check the opening hours of the cableway facilities.
The funicard is valid for 6 days from the date of its first validation. In this period, the holder can use the card on 4 days of his/her choice for one ascent and descent with each facility per day.
|junior (6-13 years)||25,00 euro|